(Grain free, Paleo, Wheat free, Gluten free…)
Ingredients1 cup egg whites or 2 tbs of grounded flaxseed 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk 1/4 cup coconut flour 1/2 tsp each: cumin and garlic pinch if himalayan salt dried herbs of your choice
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Process for 10-20 seconds to break up any lumps in the coconut flour. Let is sit for 10 minutes so the coconut flour hydrates.
2. Heat a ceramic pan over medium heat and oil the bottom lightly if the nonstick coating isn’t great. When hot, pick up the pan and pour 1/2 cup of the batter into the center of the pan, giving the pan a tilt-rotate-jiggle action to spread the batter into a thick pancake about 12 inches or so across.
3. Put the pan back on the burner and let it cook until the top of the pizza doesn’t look shiny anymore, and is not sticky to the touch. If it feels solid enough to flip, its time to flip. If it needs another minute, give it another minute. Timing isn’t crucial.
4. Use a big, wide pancake turner to flip it onto the other side. Another minute of cooking, and your pizza base is done.
5. Add toppings and pop it bake into the oven and continue to bake until the cheese bubbles.