2 tsp coconut or olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 large red onion
1 red pepper
400g tomato passata
1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
1/4 tsp herbes de Provence
2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Slice the aubergine in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh with a teaspoon, putting the aubergine skins to one side.
- Boil the quinoa in 1 tsp bouillon stock and 300ml water until cooked (approx. 10-15 minutes).
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the garlic for 30 seconds before adding the onion and cooking for a further 2 mins.
- Add the red pepper and aubergine flesh, cover and cook until they become soft (approx 10 minutes).
- Add the passata, herbs, tomato paste, bouillon powder and seasoning and let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes.
- Combine the quinoa with the mixture.
- Lightly brush the outside of the aubergine skins with oil and fill each with the quinoa and tomato mixture.
- Place aubergines in a roasting dish and cover with foil. Cook in pre-heated oven for approximately 40 minutes.