Female Fertility Test
Are you looking to start a family in the future and want to find out more about your potential fertility? Are you interested in learning more about your ovarian reserve (an indication of how many eggs you have remaining)? Are you finding it hard to fall pregnant and would like to understand more about your hormone levels?
This test can help you start to build a picture of your potential future fertility.
- Provides results for 3 key fertility hormone markers
- Simple at-home finger-prick blood test. No social interaction required
- Provides hospital standard, easy-to-read results
- Provides clear information and signposting to see your GP if required
- Suited for women aged between 20 and 54
- Not suitable for those taking hormonal contraception or hormone replacement therapy
- Sample taken on Day 3 of your menstrual cycle
- Only available in the UK
What we Test for:
is a hormone produced by the pituitary gland in the brain. FSH is responsible for ensuring the normal function of the ovaries and the menstrual cycle. Day 3 FSH levels increase as ovarian reserve falls.
is the main female sex hormone. It is responsible for the development and maintenance of healthy reproduction.
Note: a recent study has shown that finger-prick blood collection can result in approximately 20% lower oestradiol results than blood collected by venous full blood draw. For more information refer to our Terms and Conditions.
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH)
is only produced by ovarian egg follicles and so levels of this hormone can be used to estimate ovarian reserve. The test can be used to determine whether your ovarian reserve levels are as expected for your age.