A homemade gluten-free bread recipe that’s simple to make, dairy-free, and bakes into the best gluten-free bread. Make your next lunch with this easy gluten-free sandwich bread.
300g unroasted buckwheat seeds
60g chia seeds
60ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Sea salt according to taste
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
100g pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds
Herbs – and according to taste: thyme, rosemary, fennel seeds
- Wash, and then soak buckwheat in plenty of cold water overnight. Next day drain and rinse well.
- Stir chia seeds in water and soak for 10 minutes.
- Mix 2/3 buckwheat and 2/3 chia in a food processor. Then add the remaining ingredients, including the unprocessed chia/buckwheat, and most of the seeds. Sprinkle the remaining seeds on top.
- Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 1.5 hrs at 180°C.
- Once out of the oven it is essential to let it cool for 30 minutes before removing it from the loaf tin and slicing.