These Healthy Banana Protein Muffins are the perfect nutritious breakfast! Gluten/dairy-free and packed with protein, they’re delicious + easy to make!
Coconut oil for greasing the tin/cases
12 large free-range eggs
Seasonings – this is individual and feel free to experiment but at a minimum, you will require:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp turmeric
2-3 fillings – vegetarian or meat/fish as you choose. e.g.:
225g diced onion
225g diced mushrooms
1 chilli, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
2 slices of smoked salmon/turkey breast/chicken breast/ham etc., sliced
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Use the coconut oil to grease your muffin tin or the cases. Melt the coconut oil first if you find this easier but I normally find using my hands melts it enough to spread.
- Mix together your fillings in a bowl and then evenly divide between the twelve muffin cases.
- In a jug, beat the eggs, add the seasonings and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cases that you filled in step 3.
- Cook for 18-20 mins checking that when a fork is pricked into the centre of the muffin it comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm or once cooled store in an airtight container in the fridge.