Your first line of defence is to choose a healthy lifestyle. Did you know that almost 80% of our immune cells are in the gut? Eating a diverse range of REAL food is essential to give your immune system all the nutrients it needs to keep you healthy.
Often, you’re so busy in life – with your job, family, friends and other commitments – that you fail to get present with what’s going on with your health and mental wellbeing.
Although the experience of feeling constantly tired having a super-sensitive digestive system, or PMS, is not good, you kid yourself that it is normal or it will magically just go away – even when it’s something you’ve struggled with for years.
You don’t have to put up with symptoms of ill health. Some will need a longer and more specific plan to get profound and meaningful results. Other little niggles can improve just by getting back on track with your health and making some small but effective changes.
1. Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water and avoid touching your face.
2. Keep hydrated – this helps the body flush out harmful organisms.
3. Eat a diet high in fruit and vegetables – these should make up ½ of your lunch and dinner plate.
4. Aim for 7-8 hours of quality sleep every night to help increase cytokine and antibody
production to fight infection.
5. Reduce or avoid alcohol – it negatively impacts gut health and decreases immune function.
6. Limit your caffeine intake –it affects sleep and can inhibit the absorption of some key nutrients.
7. Reduce sugar intake – too much sugar dampens the immune system for several hours after consumption.
8. Keep active! This helps to flush invaders out of the lungs and airways whilst
supporting the removal of toxic waste.
9. Reduce stress levels – studies have shown chronic stress can
suppress protective immune responses.
10. Get some sunshine – it is our best source of Vitamin D, which is essential for immune function.
If you’re unsure where to start, take the first step today by booking your free 30-minute Health and Energy Review so we can talk about your health concerns, and I can give you some energy-boosting strategies you can use immediately. If this sounds like what you need, click the link here.