An interesting variation on traditional potatoes. Cut this tasty Spanish-style tortilla into wedges, and serve with a side salad or steamed broccoli or asparagus or French beans…
1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced horizontally into thin rounds
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 medium free-range eggs
A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
Veg to serve
- Steam the sweet potato for 10 mins or until tender.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic gently for 10 minutes, until soft. Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs and stir in the sweet potato and the cooked onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a shallow frying pan until hot, then pour in the egg mixture and cook over a very low heat for 6 minutes or until the bottom is set and golden.
- If the top if set, remove from pan with spatula. If it is still a little runny, turn and cook quickly before serving.