A full-flavoured supper that will please anyone from vegetarians to hardened meat-eaters. Serve with a large mixed salad perhaps with a light dressing of walnut oil and balsamic vinegar. Delicious and quick!
- 6 Portobello mushrooms, wiped with damp kitchen towel
- 4 round slices of goat’s cheese (each about 1/2 cm thick)
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 6 large basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 dessertspoon olive oil
- Black pepper
- Spread the sun-dried tomato paste on the undersides of the mushrooms, then gently fry them in olive oil until the mushrooms start to go brown, taking care when you turn them over not to dislodge too much of the sun-dried tomato paste.
- Place mushrooms bottom side up on a grill pan and top each with a slice of goat’s cheese.
- Grill gently until the cheese starts to bubble and turn golden.
- Remove from the heat and place on a bed of mixed salad, then scatter the walnuts and basil on top and serve immediately.