Our bodies function with the help of electrical impulses and when these are not working to an optimal degree, they will become dysfunctional and degenerate. For electricity to work it needs a positive flow, a negative flow and it needs to be grounded or earthed. When I think back to the days when we had to put a plug on all appliances and we had to make sure that the plug was earthed. It is no different for us. If we want things on any level to work well in our lives, we need a balance and we need to be earthed.
In order to be grounded we need to put our attention on our base area and on our feet. The feet need to be flat on the grass/earth and without shoes. The rubber, plastic and man made materials in our shoes does block a great deal of the energy from passing through. At this time of year it is ideal to spend some time every day outside with bare feet flat on the grass and actively ground or clear any build up of energy.
If you or any member of your family is exposed to a great deal of technology or does not get out much or is suffering from mental health issues, I would recommend spending as much time in nature as possible. If this is not possible or not practical then the solution is to pump that resonance into your home environment as they had to do in space. Using Earthing Sleeping Sheet or Earthing Computer Mat drastically improves the star of welling and sleep in over 90% casses.
The bottom-line is simple, living in direct contact with the earth thus helps in grounding your body, induces favorable physiological and electrophysiological changes that promote optimum health and natural healthy lifestyle.
For our Grounding / Earthing product full range visit online health store here…
Of course, not all foods are created equal. There are some foods which are typically loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, essential fatty acids and other beneficial substances and they have been named as the “superfoods”.
Superfoods have incredible health benefits and are the key ingredients to maintain Health and vitality. That’s right; superfoods pack a powerful nutritional punch to protect against cancer and heart disease, lower cholesterol. Research has proved that superfoods also protect the organs from toxins and improve digestive health.
Superfoods are a special category of foods found in nature. By definition they are calorie sparse and nutrient dense meaning they pack a lot of punch for their weight as far as goodness goes. They are superior sources of anti-oxidants and essential nutrients – nutrients we need but cannot make ourselves. We all may be adding more salads and vegetables to our diets, but concern over the quality of foods grown on mineral depleted soils makes Superfoods an intelligent choice. Source- Food Matters movie
The best part is superfoods are easy to find in every local supermarket and also at the virtual healthy nutrition store. Yes they are worth looking for!
For our superfoods range pleas go to www.totalhealthnowshop.co.uk
What a surprise! When the human organism functions within established normal physiological parameters (in medical text books), there is no incidence of chronic disease. Why then are established physiological “norms” being ignored?
Healthy breathing is simple. Firstly it complies with the physiological norms for ventilation i.e. 3 – 4 liters per minute at rest. Above this amount is called hyperventilation and has a poisonous effect on the organism – below this amount is called hypoventilation, an occurrence so rare to be insignificant for the purposes of this discussion.
The person who breathes optimally will have, by average standards, some apparently strange tendencies. Firstly, they don’t suffer with any of the “diseases of civilization”. Physically they tend to be lean and muscular, regardless of their level of activity. They eat sparingly and prefer simple food. They sleep less, around four hours a day – they can relax easily. Their level of energy is consistent and their stamina significantly above average. They enjoy physical activity. Their posture is naturally elongated.
Their physical attributes are only one aspect. From a mental and philosophical perspective, they tend to be logical and calm – they are not given to paranoia, deep smoldering anger, or greed. They can happily sustain intensive concentration with little effort and do not oscillate between depression and unrealistic or false enthusiasm. Their natural demeanor reflects ease.
It should be noted that an adult, who breathes optimally is very rare in modern Western society. But throughout history there have been sages of all traditions that reflect the principles of optimal breathing.
Healthy or optimal breathing is at the heart of the Buteyko Method. What we routinely see in those who practice the method diligently, is clear incremental improvement in health, starting with the liquidation of chronic disease along with sublime shifts in mentality.
There can be the temporary absence of obvious disease, there can be excuses for disease – but there cannot be health without a corresponding healthy breathing pattern. This is just a simple law of nature.
This drink is designed to gently cleanse the kidneys whereby reviving their function and strengthening their activity for more positive health and energy. This drink is pleasant tasting and becomes slightly sweet from the cinnamon. Pearl Barley or Whole Barley can be bought from health food stores or the whole food section of good supermarkets.
½ Cup of Whole Barley
6 Cups of Water (so that you drink 2 cups a day for 3 days).
¼ of a Cinnamon Stick
Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
• Take a cup full of Barley, stick of cinnamon and a thumb sized amount of fresh ginger root (grated).
• Put in a pot and cover with filtered water and simmer for 25 minutes then turn off the heat and leave over night (covered). Sieve it through in the morning, adding fresh lemon juice to taste (1 lemon).
• Drink this for ideally for 3-6 days. It last refrigerated for 3 days. Then you will need to make some more. Do not re-use any of the ingredients – start from fresh.
It must be stated that our products are NOT a cure. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for educational purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your health care professional.
Here are some tips for improving your nutrition. Start with a few points, and work your way up to adding more and more healthy habits into your life.
- Please ensure that you build a routine eating the same times daily (within one hour earlier or later than the time that you ate the day before).
- The ideal hours to eat your meals are between 7-9:00 am breakfast, 11:00-13:00 Lunch and 17:00-19:00 Dinner, according to circadian (body) rhythms.
- First thing the morning after brushing your teeth and scrapping your tongue (use a tongue scrapper) have 1-2 glasses of warm water with some lemon or lime (very alkalising and flushes your inner body). Allow minimum 15 minutes before having breakfast.
First thing in the morning, drink 1-2 glasses of warm water with lemon.
- Have a Mid Morning and Mid Afternoon snack only if you are hungry or doing intensive sports. Please ensure that you have a glass or two of water first, as you can be thirsty and mistake it for hunger.
- If you stay up late and you feel hungry, have a piece of fruit – apple or pear preferably as they are easy to digest and they won’t interfere with your sleep. Also, it will stop any sugar craving as it is natural sugar, without the side effects of the desserts!
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day & an extra glass of water for any coffee or soft drink that you drink – or more if you train/being very active. Drink the water throughout the day starting from first thing the morning.
- Avoid having any drinks with your meal so your digestion will not be slowed down due to the dilution of your gastric juices. Ideally drink 15 minutes before your meal or ideally two hours after the meal.
- The food on your plate should be combination of ¼ of carbohydrates (wholegrain rice/pasta, millet, buckwheat, rye bread, couscous, lentils, beans, chickpeas, quinoa) /1/4 of protein and the rest vegetables (as less cooked-Steamed) or fresh salad to help you digest it (rich in enzymes). Please note that if you have access to sprouts, they are 30 times more nutritious then any greens, so add them to your salads. Avoid white rice and potatoes (sweet potatoes ok) and not as much pasta as it will help you with loosing weight. Use wholegrain millet, quinoa, pulses, buckwheat as well pastas made from corn, wholegrain rice.
- Please ensure that your food, especially the meat, dairy and eggs are organic as to avoid absorbing the hormones from the animals into your body, which can gradually cause you hormonal imbalances.
- You should aim to eat roughly about 1.0 gram of protein per 1kg of your weight. As not all of the animal/fish protein is absorbable from your body. That translates to about 100 grams of protein (fish/chicken/red meat) per meal. Please note that many vegetable protein/meal replacements (no milk based) are available which can help you when stressed, on a hurry or limited options availiable.
- The vegetables can be whenever possible organic but at least to be local produce (British) as they are fresher as it takes less time to get to the supermarket comparing to the ones from other continents.
- Avoid fried/grilled food and aim for steamed Vegetables/Fish (add lemon), raw salads and oven-cooked meat. Eggs eat them boiled or poached.
- Use olive oil, avocado oil or seeds oil everywhere, except frying. If frying, use either coconut oil or animal fat.
- Before you eat please take five deep breaths while seating to relax. Then make sure that you chew you food thoroughly, without talking to anyone else or reading something else. There is a very wise saying , “drink your food and eat your drink”.
- Eat slowly as it takes 20 minutes for the signal that you are full to reach the brain. So if you eat very quickly you can overeat and then feel sick.
- Reduce your intake of salt (it helps with weight loss as well – body get rids of excess water).
- Reduce stress in your life as if you are stressed the body withholds extra kilos (even if you eat healthy). It perceives the stress as a warning that difficult/hunger times are coming so it stores as much fat as it can for future energy/preservation.
Eat Organic Food!
N.B. The above notes are just guidelines as there are many schools of thought out there for Vegan, Vegetarians etc, which have some great principles. The above principles are more than enough to put you back on the right track.
P.S. As most of you are busy, an excellent tip for training is just to buy a trampoline so you can practice daily for 5-20 minutes at least 20min before a meal. This was proven by NASA as the most effective form of training for their astronauts as it stimulates the whole lymphatic system (drainage of the body) and body cells.
- Kinesiology is a safe, natural, effective and complete complementary therapy.
- It is a way of detecting imbalances in the body through muscle monitoring.
- Kinesiology was devised by an American Chiropractor, Dr George Goodheart in 1964.
- Brian Butler who set up the first school, The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology, brought it to the UK in 1975.
- Through muscle monitoring you can quickly identify precisely what is involved in any imbalance found e.g. Nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, emotional upset, food sensitivities, structural misalignments, poor energy flow or negative beliefs.
- Treatment is then given according to the feedback the person’s body gives via muscle monitoring.
- It may include acupressure, light touch, nutrition, gentle manipulation (no clicking) Bach (or other) flower remedies, and/or energy balancing.
- This holistic approach of simultaneously treating all the aspects of a person (emotional, nutritional, structural, and energetic) ensures a quicker, more thorough return to health.
- Kinesiologists do not just use one muscle to test for imbalances. Each muscle is related to an organ or a gland, and so using one muscle would not give accurate results.
- Systematic Kinesiology is not about asking the body verbal questions.
- Kinesiologists do not diagnose. They find imbalances, and find out what will bring the body back into balance.